COVID-19 Update: We are currently working on the basis of 'business as usual' although some more vulnerable staff are now working from home – individual direct dial numbers will be diverted. Please have patience when calling as connecting calls may take a little longer.
An advance on the Raschig Ring, the Pall Ring has similar cylindrical dimensions but has two rows of punched out holes, with fingers or webs turned into the centre of the cylinder, which significantly increases the performance of the packing, in terms of throughput, efficiency and pressure drop.
We are able to offer these in a variety of plastics: Polypropylene, PVDF, HDPE, Glass Filled Polypropylene and PVC.
And in the following sizes:
5/8″ (16mm); 1″ (25mm); 1.1/2″ (38mm);
2″ (50mm); 3.1/2″ (90mm)
As a standard we offer our Pall Rings in a natural colour but if you need a different colour we are more than happy to help. (Extra costs apply)
Capacity versus Pressure Drop
• Most suited in low pressure drop, high capacity applications;
• A range of sizes allows the tower to operate at an optimum
efficiency and throughput;
• High degree of randomness;
• Consistent ratio of free and blocked passages, independent
• Large surface area : volume ratio augments the rate of
liquid film surface renewal to improve mass transfer.
Hold-up and Two-phase Contact
• Promotes highly efficient two-phase contact and distribution;
• A relatively high liquid hold-up promotes high absorption efficiencies, especially in cases where the reaction rates are slow;
• Uninterrupted and consistent passages for gas and liquid flow.
• Open, cross-linked design provides a highly efficient used of the ring’s surface area;
• Robust to variations in liquid and vapour distribution.
•Its internal cross-structure of diametrical spars make it mechanically
robust and suitable for use in deep packed beds.
|Packing size mm||16||25||38||50||90|
|Free space %||88||91||94||95||96|
|Specific Surface Area |
|Number per unit volume|
|Packing Size mm||16||25||38||50||90|