PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF C-RINGS
Capacity vs Pressure Drop
• Lower aspect ratio increase capacity and reduces pressure drop
• Its preferential orientation in a packed bed with the cylindrical axis in the vertical plane, allows a free passage for gas to flow through it
• The lower pressure drop and higher throughput enables a smaller column diameter and fan size to be specified in new installations
• The highly exposed internal and external surfaces provide an efficient vehicle for liquid–gas contact, by multiple drip-points
• Lower tendency to nest, which means less channeling and fewer dry spots
• More resistant to fouling because a combination of its vertical alignment and open sides, allow any solids present to be flushed downwards through the packed bed.
• It possesses good mechanical strength, which allows its use in deep packed beds that have a higher hydraulic capacity.